Breast milk is common during pregnancy and delivery, but it is a matter of concern when it is without pregnancy and delivery, about 20-25% of women have this problem, mostly in menopause. Although this is not a disease, it can be a sign of a problem. Not only women but also men and newborns can have this problem. In the medical language, this problem is called Galactorrhea.
Signs of galactoria
The biggest sign of the signs of galactoria is the milk coming from both the breasts, but apart from this, many more symptoms are seen such as-
- Enlargement of breast tissue
- Not to have periods
- Disinterest in building relationships
- being restless
- Having acne
- Hair fall
- Headache, difficulty in seeing
Due to galactoria
There can be many reasons behind this such as –
- Hormonal disturbances
- Side effect of a medicine
- Or other physical problems
This can also be the reason
Milk in the breasts is a hormone called prolactin. Disturbance of this hormone can also be caused by a drug, tumor, and more manipulation of the nipple. There can be some medical reasons as well.
- Kidney or liver problems
- Long stay in stress
- Hypothalamus disease
- Breast tissue damage
- High levels of estrogen hormone
- More manipulation of breasts during relationship
Must get the test done
Some tests need to be done to know the exact cause of this disease.
- Hormonal test
- Pregnancy test
- Mammogram or sonography to examine breast tissue
- MRI for checking the brain
Take care of these things
You can start the right treatment only if you know the reason, but also take care of some things like-
- Avoid wearing tight clothes or bras, which may cause rubbing on the nipple.
- Avoid raiding.
- Try to be stress free.
- If the problem is hormonal disturbances then it can be corrected with medicines.
Matter of danger
If some viscous fluid, yellow, blood mixed with breasts instead of white milk comes out in the breasts, contact the doctor immediately as these can be a symptom of breast cancer.