Ginger is used in every household. There is hardly any house in which ginger tea is not made. Ginger is also used as a vegetable in all households. Actually, there is so much benefit from the consumption of ginger that’s why ginger is used daily in every household. Apart from this, ginger also has many qualities. Do you know that ginger also benefits in diseases related with digestive system, bloating, body aches, cold and cough? It also helps curing heart disease, blood disorders, piles etc., the medicinal properties of ginger are also beneficial.
Panacea for colds
- Mix equal amounts of ginger juice and honey. Licking a little spoonful of this mixture 3-4 times a day provides relief in cough. If you want, you can also add a little black salt to it.
- Cook 3 grams dry ginger, 7 leaves of basil and 7 grains of black pepper in 250 ml water. Mixing a little sugar in it and drinking it warmly cures diseases like colds, headaches, influenza.
- Mix one teaspoon dry ginger, one fourth teaspoon rock salt and take it three times a day with lukewarm water.
- Fry ginger in ghee and eat it. Cook some jaggery in the remaining ghee. When the jaggery melts, add 12 grams of dry ginger. Eat this mixture in the morning and evening.
- Drink tea after adding 10 grams of ginger pieces.
- Mix cardamom and honey mixed with ginger juice and heat it lightly and lick it to cure respiratory disease.
- 8 Black pepper, salt and jaggery as per taste, make a decoction by boiling quarter teaspoon ground dry ginger in a glass of water. Drinking it hot provides relief in winter.
- Boiling pieces of ginger in water and steaming is beneficial.
- In case of cough or sore throat, grind ginger, cloves, asafoetida and rock salt together and make small tablets of it. Suck one tablet 3-4 times a day.
- Drinking ginger juice mixed with honey in the day provides relief in respiratory diseases like asthma, bronchitis.
- Mixing 5 grams of honey in 5 grams of ginger juice and licking 3-4 times a day removes restlessness and heat.
- Heat ghee and camphor mixed with ginger juice. It provides relief by massaging the chest.
- Boil ½ teaspoon ground dry ginger in one cup of water. When the water remains half, mix sugar candy and drink.
- Drinking ginger and peppermint decoction causes sweating, fever goes down.
- Grind ginger and garlic in equal quantity and take one spoon of paste made with water. Abdominal pain will be cured.
- Drink one gram spoon of salt with one spoon of ginger and mint juice, it will be beneficial in stomachache.
- Mix lime juice and ground black pepper in ginger juice and lick it, it also provides relief in stomachache.
- Mix fine powdered rock salt in ginger juice and apply it on the sore teeth, it will be beneficial immediately.
- In case of sudden toothache, cut small pieces of ginger and press it under the toothache, you will feel the benefit in no time.
Mix and massage ginger juice in coconut oil. Mix dry ginger with desi ghee and eat it. There will be benefit in back pain.
Excessive intake is harmful
- Eating in excess of ginger causes gouty diarrhea called gingerol.
- There may be burning, rashes, itching, swelling.
- People with diabetes or hypocalcemia may have low blood sugar levels.
- Heart disease patients are at risk of low blood pressure by consuming more ginger.
- Consumption of ginger in excess with Warfarin or blood thinning drugs may increase the risk of bleeding.
- In case of gallbladder stones, excessive intake of ginger causes contractions in the gallbladder, causing abdominal pain, vomiting or jaundice.
- Ginger intake in pregnancy causes birth defects, hymenal problems in the child.