World Autism Day is being celebrated all over the world on 2nd April, which aims to convince people that such children are not sick but just a little different from the rest. It is a congenital and hereditary disease that can happen to an infant due to some mistakes made in pregnancy.
1 million children in India suffer from autism
According to the report, in the year 2017, around 1 million children in India were affected by it. 1 in every 68 children in India suffer from autism, for which 20% is genetic, 80% pollution is responsible. Symptoms of autism begin to appear in children aged 1-3 years.
First of all, know what this disease is?
Autism is a neurological disorder that causes different parts of the brain to stop functioning. Children struggling with this have difficulty in speaking, learning, and understanding. Children suffering from this need special care as this disorder cannot be cured.
Do not make this mistake in pregnancy
Women need more nutrition in pregnancy because at this time they also have the responsibility of a little life. Nutritional deficiencies can lead to many diseases, not just autism. Apart from this, avoid taking stress in pregnancy as well.
If there is a high fever in the first 3 months of pregnancy, then get a checkup done by the doctor, because the brain of the fetus does not develop properly.
Thyroid in pregnancy
Women who have pregnancy thyroid or PCOD are also more likely to develop autism in their infants.
At the same time, even after delivery on the 26th week or earlier, there are more chances of it in the baby. In addition, the virus, lack of oxygen at birth can also lead to autism.
Genetic or pollution
According to scientists, parents’ jeans can also cause this disease, while some scientists also blame the deteriorating lifestyle and pollution.
How to Protect Your Child from Autism?
- First of all, including all the essential elements like protein, vitamins, and calcium in your diet. For this, you can also get a doctor to make a diet chart.
- Avoid taking stress. Do exercise, yoga, and light exercise. Do not eat any medicine in pregnancy without consulting a doctor.
- During this time, stay away from drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco, sour things, etc.
- If you have Celiac, PCOS, thyroid, PKU (Phenylketonuria) disease then tell the doctor first. Also, do not forget to get injections of German measles and rubella as it reduces the chances of autism.
- Get periodically checked and follows the instructions given by the doctors.
Remember that there is no cure for this disease, but you can save your baby from it by taking care of some things during pregnancy.