Vitamin D is necessary not only to increase immunity but also to protect against many diseases. According to research, in today’s time, about 60% of people are suffering from the deficiency of Vitamin D. Surprisingly, symptoms of its deficiency are also visible in the body, but people ignore it as minor. However, its consequences can be dangerous. Let us tell you today how to recognize the deficiency of Vitamin D in the body and how to cure it.
Why Vitamin D is Important?
Vitamin D absorbs protein and calcium in the body. It is a group of soluble prohormones, which absorb calcium from the intestines and reach the bones. Along with this, it plays an important role in preventing infection, strong digestion, and boosting the immune system.
How to Recognize the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency in the body?
Weak bones are the biggest sign of vitamin D deficiency. If there is no vitamin D in the body, then no matter how much calcium you take, it will not be of any benefit. At the same time, if the body does not get calcium, then the blood starts taking calcium from the bones, which can cause severe pain and cramps in the extremities.
- Bone and muscle weakness
- Kneeling noise while walking
- Get tired quickly
- Restlessness and irritability
- Hair loss
- Irregular periods
- Weak immune system
- Chances of infertility
- Memory loss
Although the symptoms of its deficiency are seen differently according to age, for example, a woman between the ages of 40 and 45 has fatigue, pain under the feet and knees, while the children become lethargic.
Detection and Prevention for Vitamin D Deficiency
If symptoms of vitamin D deficiency are seen, get the ’25-hydroxy’ test done. According to experts, there should be 50-20 nanograms of vitamin D in the blood. If it reaches 20 nanograms then you may have to face many health problems.
How to make up for Vitamin D deficiency?
- Doctors recommend vitamin D supplements and daily exercise, workouts, cycling, dancing. This helps the body to absorb calcium.
- The best source of vitamin D is sunlight, but nowadays people have started applying sunscreen and do not sunbathe at all, due to which it is getting deficient.
- An adult needs 10 micrograms of vitamin D daily. For this, eat more eggs, oranges, fish, mushrooms, broccoli, green vegetables, cheese, butter, oatmeal, carrots, tofu, kale, spinach, soybean collards.
- Not eating oily best things in food can also cause its deficiency.