Diabetes or sugar disease has become very common today but taking it lightly can prove to be dangerous because uncontrol sugar can snatch away the eyesight. At the same time, it also affects the kidneys, lungs, and many parts of the body. At the same time, if research is to be believed, then such patients are also more likely to have lung cancer. Not only this, in India, more deaths than colon, prostate, and breast are due to cancer of the lungs. Let us tell you what could be the reason behind this and how to avoid it?
The relationship between diabetes and lung cancer
Diabetes is a chronic and metabolic disorder in which the glucose level in the blood becomes higher or lower than normal due to reduced insulin secretion. Smoking has been found to be responsible for cancer in about 80% of cases. At the same time, if research is to be believed, the risk of lung disease in diabetics is as high as in people who smoke, especially in type-2 diabetes patients.
Therefore, diabetics are at greater risk
Diabetic patients have complaints of lung disease or shortness of breath, which increases the risk of cancer. Apart from this, some problems caused by diabetes such as obesity, high blood pressure, the metabolic syndrome also increase the risk of cancer.
What causes lung cancer?
Lung cancer occurs when due to some reason the cells of the body are unable to destroy themselves. When diabetic patients’ sugar is uncontrolled, the cells are damaged, and they are not able to eliminate themselves. In such a situation, it continues to grow irregularly, which is called lung cancer.
What are the Symptoms of lung cancer?
Initially, the symptoms of this cancer are visible, but after reaching a stage, it can be detected by some signs like –
Persistent cough and does not get better even after taking medicines
- Coughing up blood
- Blood in mucus
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain and hoarseness
- Constant weight loss
- Bone pain
- Accumulation of mucus in the lungs
Diabetes patients should keep these things in mind
- First, keep your blood sugar level under control and check it regularly.
- If you want to avoid lung cancer, make regular exercise, yoga, and pranayama a part of your lifestyle.
- Quit the habit of smoking, cigarette, especially if you are a sugar patient.
- Wear a mask when you step out of the house because one of the reasons for this is pollution.
- Include healthy things like fruits, vegetables, nuts like almonds, figs, walnuts, beans, milk, yogurt, cheese, whole grains in the diet. Also, avoid junk food, fast food.